Microsoft announces preview of new process mining capabilities within Power Automate
Today, we’re excited to announce the preview of new process mining capabilities from Minit available in process advisor within Microsoft Power Automate. In addition to the existing process advisor capabilities, Microsoft customers can now harness deeper insights to identify bottlenecks in processes to drive optimization and efficiencies with low-code automation.
Earlier this year, Microsoft acquired Minit, a leader in process mining, and has been working to bring its experiences and process mining capabilities to customers. In this update, the process advisor powered with Minit introduces templates that enable customers to seamlessly drive powerful business process insights from cloud flows in Power Automate as well as insights from Microsoft Power Virtual Agents and other systems of records like SAP.
In today’s environment of accelerating change, businesses are under ever-growing pressure to understand, improve, and adapt their processes. Reducing process complexity and related costs with process advisor enables them to become more agile and resilient to adapt to change.
While analysts use process advisor to get deep insights into how the processes are run, uncover the root cause analysis, and provide actionable inputs for the whole organization, business users including chief financial officers (CFOs), chief operating officers (COOs), chief revenue officers (CROs), and chief marketing officers (CMOs) use process mining dashboards to take a near real-time pulse on their organization which can capture opportunities for process improvement and higher operational efficiency while mitigating undesired process outcomes.
Process mining and task mining have wide application across industries and use cases. The use cases where our customers currently drive the biggest value include order to cash (O2C), procure to pay (P2P), robotic process automation (RPA), regulatory compliance, and order to activation.
Process mining delivers a holistic view of company-wide bottlenecks and inefficiencies. These capabilities in Power Automate provide our customers with a complete end-to-end automation solution, from process mining where customers can identify automation opportunities, to business process automation and RPA, to desktop automation.
Realize value faster with out-of-box templates
- Use out-of-box templates for rapid deployment from data ingestion to pre-defined custom reports.
- Gain rapid insights for process optimization and automation opportunities.
- Benefit from broadly applicable financial use cases templates including P2P, O2C, and accounts payable.
Easily prepare, transform, and map data from various data sources
- Use more out-of-box attributes like resource or financial amount and schedule your dataflows refresh.
- Easily connect to your SAP data with direct connectors, and make any required data transformation.
- Access to more than 250 out-of-box connectors.
- Easily transform data using power query technology.
Gain deeper insights with powerful process mining analytics
- Visualize, analyze, and compare the performance of a process and its various real-life or simulated versions, as well as its Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) model.
- Automatically identify repeating activities across your processes, pinpoint the root cause and impact of rework, and eliminate it.
- Experience a new dimension in process map interpretation and simplification, enabling you to drill down into or zoom out of all the process activities as needed with hierarchical process mining.
- Use root cause analysis to uncover hidden connections in your process data and investigate where and why problems occur.
- Enjoy more out-of-box key performance indicators (KPIs), visuals, and filter options that the richer data model brings.
Easily customize your reports, share across the organization, and take action
- Create your customer views, add your custom metrics in the desktop app, and publish them to the web.
- Publish the reports to your own workspace with Microsoft Power BI premium.
- Use your custom views and KPIs, tailor the Power BI reports, and share them across the organization.
- By using Microsoft Power BI Goals and Power Automate, set triggers when KPIs are breached, or process rules are violated, and leverage thousands of available actions.
- Switch between the views and get better insights with new feature-rich visuals.
- Use out-of-box templates to automate parts of the whole process like purchase order from SAP, full automation of accounts receivable, and other automations through cloud and desktop flows.
How to join the preview or learn more
Process advisor is licensed as part of Power Automate per-user licenses. If you don’t have a license, you can join the process advisor preview by starting a Power Automate trial.
To get quickly on track with new process mining capabilities, visit our Get started guide. Learn more about the Minit desktop application.