Submit a connector to Microsoft Power Platform as an Independent Publisher
Through the Independent Publisher connector program, anyone can now publish a connector to Microsoft Power Platform! The mission of this program is to bring the best together. The best people, connecting great ideas to data, apps, and flows.
Prior to this program, Power Platform only accepted submissions from owners of the underlying service behind their connector. Over the years, we heard feedback from MVPs and developers regarding this limitation over the years and have addressed it through this program.
Have a connector in mind that you’d like to submit? Continue reading below!
Here are just some of the few of the benefits of this exciting program:
- Gain visibility across Power Platform products and documentation. As an Independent Publisher, your name and brand will gain visibility directly from within our Power Platform products, documentation, and marketing content, including demos, videos, blogs, and social media posts.
- Maintainer rights on your connector. Your connector will be supported by you and the entire community of Independent Publishers.
- Share and collaborate on building custom connectors. Use GitHub to collaborate on making a fantastic connector!
- Receive the official stamp that your connector has been validated and certified. The Microsoft Certification team will run swagger validations, manual endpoint validations, and security validations.
- Open-source contribution. If you’re a Microsoft MVP, your contributions will also count as an open-source project contribution!
Soon, we will be providing a way to view usage metrics and reviews for your connector.
Going through the Independent Publisher program is easy! Once you build and test all operations in your custom connector, export the files and make all the necessary edits mentioned in the documentation here. After that, all you have to do is create a PR here in our GitHub repository. As part of your submission, be sure to include the necessary screenshots to prove that you’ve tested this connector. The Microsoft Connector Certification Team will then run automated validations, provide comments to help you improve the quality of your files, and then deploy your connector to Power Platform.
Once your connector is deployed, you can update it anytime in GitHub! Your update will undergo the same validations in addition to a breaking change validation to ensure that your change will not break existing flows, apps, or logic apps.
We’re excited to see what connectors you will submit!
This program was founded with the help of extraordinary project coordinators who graciously volunteered their time: Ahmad Najjar, April Dunnam, Daniel Laskewitz, Fausto Capellan, Jr., Paul Culmsee, and Rebekka Aalbers. If you’re interested in becoming a project coordinator to shape the future of the program, please take a look at our manifesto.